Rhythm Kids owner and founder Tom Foote has come up with a fantastic program for Preschool teachers called Rhythm in the Classroom. Lots of schools have drums, maybe even djembe drums, but teachers often feel intimidated because "they're not drummers." The goal of this two-hour program is to take some of the mystery out of drumming and give preschool teachers TONS of ways to use a drum in the classroom. Participants are given handouts that they can use to remember the lessons. The session is broken down into several parts:
Are you in charge of a group of preschools or looking for a great activity for preschool teachers in several towns or a district? Search no more--this is the program for you. The only thing we hope is that you will still hire us to visit because we give A LOT of information to our participants.
- Hand Drumming Technique: We bring djembes for participants and teach how to play a variety of percussion instruments
- The Rhythm Kids Method: Orff-based instruction with our tried and true teaching method (really awesome!)
- Rhythm & Math: Simple ways to get children counting, clapping and playing
- Creative Movement Ideas: Awesome strategies to combine drumming and movement
- Rhythm Chants: Several of Tom's rhythm chants that mix learning and drumming
- Connecting With Children: A guide to make rhythm a part of preschool life (transition times, activities, etc.)
One location even purchased djembe drums for all the preschools represented in their seminar and a caxixi (visit the RK Store for images) for every participant! How was that possible? We gave them a slamming price for ordering so many--that's how!! We can do the same thing for you too.