Rhythm Kids is an innovative music and drumming program with a vision for children, and those who facilitate our programs, to create an atmosphere together where rhythm is integrated into their lives. In-depth musical concepts such as; creative movement, drumming, composition, pre-note reading, improvisation, language, coordination and global music are presented in a culture of play that encourages creativity, self-expression and individuality. And...it's a lot of FUN!
Rhythm Kids Four Guiding Principles:
- Rhythm is a primal understanding that we carry within us (heartbeat, language, walking, etc.)
- Rhythm is a basic, fundamental skill that all children can learn, develop & strengthen
- Rhythm is foundational to other disciplines; private instrument lessons, singing, dancing and playing sports
- Creating a culture of "play" that connects the freedom of self-expression with the voice, the body and the drum is important for a student's overall ability to comprehend simple, and even more advanced, rhythmic concepts
Who could benefit by training with Rhythm Kids?
Our training programs are geared for those who are interested in learning the Rhythm Kids methods and class format. Rhythm Kids has a three-four year curriculum geared to help children develop stronger rhythm. Contact us if you are interested in finding out more about Rhythm Kids.
- Musicians with the desire to start a local drumming and music program
- Music Educators can spice up their drumming skills with adapted global rhythms to use with current school songs and a flexible curriculum that includes: singing, movement, drumming and music games
- Private Lesson Instructors who want to help their students to develop a stronger sense of rhythm (not just for drummers)
- Music Schools & After-School Programs looking to add a unique program that will expand their market base
- Music Therapists that wish to increase their drumming and connection with their clients and learn a variety of adapted global rhythm patterns and a variety of rhythm games
- Preschool Teachers can use our methods to support age-appropriate concepts
- Elementary School Teachers will find helpful information and materials to support educational development
- Kids & Families that understand the value of music and the arts in a child's life